Monday, November 26, 2012

Extreme Makeover, Part One: Demolition

Hi, everyone!  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I sure did!  Let me just come out and say it:  as far as Thanksgiving food goes, stuffing and pumpkin pie are the best parts.

Just don't even try to fight me on this!  :p 
 
Alright, let's get down to business!  Over the past couple weeks, I got an opportunity to do something really, reeeeeally cool.

I got to take an old afghan and rip it apart!

A co-worker gave me this old afghan she’d started crocheting and had never finished. 
 
She was just going to throw it away until I told her that she Should Not Do That.  I couldn't bear to think of this beautiful yarn sitting in the garbage.
Integration is not a good thing when you are talking about garbage and yarn.
 
Part one of Extreme Makeover yarn edition is the demolition.


Yep, we had to rip that thing apart until there was nothing left of it but a box of yarn balls. 


Here are some pictures of the process.

 
The hubby saw what I was doing and wanted to get in on the action :)



Unraveled tan yarn looks a lot like ramen.
 
 
Not sure what unraveled red yarn looks like.  Not sure I want to spend a whole lot of time trying to figure out what it looks like.  This will probably start to get really gross really fast.
 
Thanks for reading!  Stay tuned for Part 2: Gadget Corner! :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment